It’s frustrating and embarrassing, and it can often feel like oily skin has the upper hand. Don’t let it!
If you’re using potent skincare for oily skin, you already know that oily skin doesn’t have to rule your life.
But what happens when you’re following a treatment protocol and you’re not seeing a big change?
Then it’s time to look a bit deeper. Certainly heredity and hormones play a large part in the over-production of oil. But there are some other “hidden” factors that can definitely contribute to increased oiliness.
And unlike heredity you can control these!
1. Consider your diet. If you’re eating a lot of junk food, processed foods, and soda, your body has nothing to work with! Even the slightest deficiency in vitamin B2 can cause oily skin. Eat proteins, leafy green vegetables and fresh fruits instead.
2. Cosmetics. Use cosmetics specifically designed for oily skin. We can help you there. They must be oil-free. Keep your makeup brushes clean. Dirty brushes are a bacterial breeding ground!
3. Is your skin too clean? Multiple washings of your face can strip it of its natural oils, leaving it tight and dry. Your skin then rushes in creating even more oil, and the cycle starts all over again. Wash your skin twice a day. Blot when necessary.
4. Moisturize before you apply makeup. This step is often skipped but it’s important! Make sure it’s an oil-free moisturizer. Support your skin’s ability to produce more water, which you need.
5. Don’t smoke. If you smoke, stop! You already know that smoking is horrible for your body. Did you know that it also enlarges pores?
6. Exercise! It boosts circulation, encourages blood flow, detoxifies and nourishes your skin.
Take care of your skin from the inside out. Add regular facials and you’ll be amazed at the difference.
Give your skin a fighting chance with healthy habits!
Sources: www.1stholistic.com, www.lovetoknow.com
Call Us On 08 9444 2154